This assignment is designed to help you understand more about the implicit association test, the way psychologists measure implicit attitudes, and to reflect a bit on the source of your own attitudes as they may related to the experience of stereotyping and prejudice.
For this assignment, you will need to go to the Project Implicit (Links to an external site.) website. Read through the first page and click on “I wish to proceed.”
- Complete TWO different tests on any topic of your choice (scroll down the options on the left side)
- After completing the test, assess your scores and what they mean.
To complete the assignment, you will need to reflect on your responses and write a short (2 – 3 page) response paper addressing the following:
- For each test, explain briefly why you decided to take it, what it was measuring and whether the outcome was consistent with what you expected. (Please note, you don’t need to tell me what your outcome was if you don’t want to, you can just discuss whether it was consistent with what you expected it to be). What factors influenced your choice?
- If your results were consistent, what do you believe influenced the way your test turned out?
- If your results were inconsistent, why do you think that is?
- Lastly, what do you think of the test as a whole? Are IATs a good measure of attitudes, why or why not? Do you think the results are useful in the real world, why or why not?