How Do Technologies Affect Globalization in Asia Annotated Bibliography
The annotation must discuss the following:
- Write a concise annotation that summarizes the central theme and scope of the book or article.
- Include three to five sentences that discuss the following:
- evaluate the authority or background of the author,
- comment on the intended audience,
- compare or contrast this work with another you have cited, or
- explain how this work connects with your topic
- Thesis statement:
- You must include what will be your thesis statement for the final paper to this assignment at the top
- Your thesis statement CAN BE more than one sentence!
- State your central research question
- List factors behind the phenomenon your are investigating
- State you main arguments
Your thesis statement should:
Thesis statement Example:
“In this paper I explore the factors that contribute to economic inequality within a country that is caused by globalization.
I argue that globalization has given way to widespread acceptance of neoliberal ideology and policies, which in turn concentrate wealth in the upper social classes while disenfranchising poor and working- class people, most notably in countries A, B and C.
The neoliberal ideology of individualism and free-market capitalism has undermined the importance of community and the role of communal accountability. This allowed for two main neoliberal policies to take hold and generate greater wealth inequality:
1) privatization of public services and
2) the reduction of welfare state policies (e.g., public health, public education, infrastructure).
In my paper, I find that neoliberal policies that were meant to reduce poverty and decrease wealth inequality between the upper and lower classes of society instead generated greater economic disparities